Description from Blu Dot
Overlapping wood drawer and door fronts give the collection its name, while elegant wood finishes and a scene stealing leg bring the visual charisma of this tall dresser. With soft close drawers.
- Maple: Solid whitewashed maple wood door/drawer fronts, maple veneer tops and side panels
- Orange and White Legs: Powder-coated steel plate
- Maple Legs: Solid whitewashed maple
- Black: Solid stained ash wood door/drawer fronts, ash veneer tops and side panels
- Black Legs: Solid ash legs with black stain
- Drawers have self-closing hardware for smooth & silent closure
- Adjustable foot glides
- Unfinished wood back
- Some assembly required
Design Story : Our goal with Lap was to introduce texture into a casegood collection, but to do it in a very obvious and minimal way – not too busy, not too complicated. The clapboard-like fronts camouflage the seams between drawers and doors and create a hidden hand pull. Together these allow for an unusually monolithic cabinet façade. We had a challenge choosing wood grains and finishes – if the grain was too strong, it overpowered the subtlety of the texture of the front, but without any grain, they felt too cool and lifeless. Lastly we added a foot that had a little personality, with a little flair – literally – that matches the angles of the saw-tooth front.