Description from Toiro
One heat level, premium-quality rice with easy preparation.
Once you set the heat to medium-high level on the stove-top, you don’t need to readjust the heat level until it’s done. (The ideal heating level may vary depending on the type of burner.) The bottom of Kamado-san is about 1.5 times thicker than a regular donabe and its porous clay body “breathes” during cooking. So, the clay builds the heat slowly and gently starts cooking the rice. Then, once the heat is built, it brings the even and steady heat distribution. Meanwhile, the unique feature of double-lid gives the effect of pressure-cooking and helps prevent the contents from boiling over. The thick porous body has an extra-high level of heat retention ability, so after the heat is turned off, Kamado-san slowly cools down and continues to steam-cook the rice during the resting time. As a result, the rice tends to become fluffy and shiny when it’s cooked with Kamado-san.
- Material: Clay
- Producer: Nagatani-en
- Origin: Iga, Japan
- Included in the package: Donabe (bowl, inner lid, and outer lid), ceramic trivet, wooden rice paddle, and English instruction sheet.
1 Rice-Cup Size
- Mini Kamado-san. Good for 1-2 servings.
- Size: 8.75” x 7″ x 5″ high (21.5 cm x 18.5 cm x 13.5 cm high) – including handles and lid
- Capacity: 0.6 qt (600 ml)
- Able to cook up 1 rice cup (about 3/4 US cup =180 ml) of uncooked rice
- Weight: 4.5 lbs (2 kg) – not including the trivet
2 Rice-Cup Size
- A little smaller than our standard size.
- Size: 8.5” x 10.5”x 6” high (21 cm x 26 cm x 16 cm high) – including handles and lid
- Capacity: 1 qt (1,000 ml)
- Able to cook up to 2 rice cups (about 1.5 US cups =360 ml) of uncooked rice
- Weight:6.5 lbs (2.9 kg) –not including the trivet
3 Rice-Cup Size
- Our best seller standard-size.
- Size: 9.5” x 12”x 7” high (24 cm x 30 cm x 18 cm high) – including handles and lid
- Capacity: 1.5 qt (1,500 ml)
- Able to cook up to 3 rice cups (about 2 ¼ US cups =540 ml) of uncooked rice
- Weight: 8 lbs (3.6 kg) – not including the trivet
5 Rice-Cup Size
- Perfect for a larger group. Biggest Kamado-san.
- Size: 10.5” x 13” x 8.5” high (26 cm x 32.5 cm x 21 cm high) – including handles and lid
- Capacity: 2.5 qt (2,500 ml)
- Able to cook up to 5 rice cups (about 3 ¾ US cups =900 ml) of uncooked rice.
- Weight: 10 lbs (5 kg) – not including the trivet