Description from Obadiah's Woodstoves
The Esse Ironheart is a traditional steel and cast iron wood cook stove from England. This stove will gently warm your kitchen, as well as providing the capacity to bake and cook your family feasts! While most cook stoves hide the fire, the Esse cooker provides a glass window to view the flames and offer a cozy ambiance to your room.
This cookstove is UL 1482 and ULC S627 tested.
The Esse Ironheart wood cook stove is pricier than most cookstoves on the market but when you understand the difference in the way it’s built you’ll understand the reason. Europeans value quality cooking appliances and openly design them with generations of use and durability in mind. The ovens design offers gentle and indirect heat that won’t dry out your food. Pizzas, for example, will be piping hot and evenly cooked from edge to center while toppings remain moist and the bottom is baked to perfection. Cooking temperature can be reached in approximately 60 minutes from cold start. The firebox is spaciously designed to accommodate 18″ wood lengthwise. By using larger wood, you can avoid restoking the stove while baking and struggling to regulate the changing temperature.
- Cast-iron and ceramic glass flame view door
- Cast-iron cook top and oven, ash and flue access doors
- Bottom and rear heat shields
- Fire brick lined firebox
- Stainless baffle
- Oven temperature gauge
- Wire shelf and oven tray
- Spacious firebox
- Firebox grate and generous ash pan for easy ash removal
- Two textured satin steel hotplate covers
- Graphite finished cooking surfaces
- Two dog-bone hotplates
- Designated heat zones for easy “pan slide” operation from simmer, to slow boil, to boil
- Air-wash control lever to regulate the fire while keeping the glass clean
- Large oven with vented extraction so cooking odors disappear up the flue
- Simple push/pull action control lever to regulate oven temperatures
- Anthracite finish (dark charcoal)
- Operating tool