Description from Eco-Craft
An eco-friendly alternative to plastic parcel tape! Our eco paper parcel tape is made from renewable kraft paper not from plastic. It is water and solvent resistant, acid free – suitable for picture framing use and can also be used for cold storage (it can be applied at chilled temperatures (roughly 5 degrees) and stored down to -25). Our eco parcel tape can be left on the cardboard carton when it is recycled. At present though, realistcally, it is more likely that paper recyclers will still be using systems to recover this mechanically for energy recovery through incineration as they do with plastic tapes rather than repulping it. Hopefully this situation will improve as paper tapes become the norm and the recycling industry advances in line. Composting – although paper & cardboard is often composted our recommended method of disposal of the tape would be to leave it on the box and put it in with the cardboard recycling, not to compost it. This way the paper could be re-used up to about 7 times.
- This roll is 50mm wide and 50 meters long.
- This tape is self adhesive (no need for water to activate the glue).
- Suitable for application by a standard hand gun or tape dispenser.
- It is also easy to tear by hand – no knife or scissors required.
- The rolls are supplied without a plastic retail wrapper.
- Box quantities use a siliconized paper sheet as a separator. This can be recycled or for volume users, or it can be returned to us to be reused by the packers.