Description from Knoll
Marcel Breuer 1928
Marcel Breuer married traditional craftsmanship with industrial methods and materials to help make tubular steel furniture an international sensation and a modern institution. The cantilevered form exploits the possibilities unique to the material and gives the chair added flexibility and comfort. The iconic seat features hand-woven cane inserts and a beech frame.
- Seat frame is solid beech with either a clear natural lacquer or matte ebonized finish
- Cane insets are handwoven
- Frame is 1” diameter chrome-plated round steel tube with a polished finish
- Plastic glides snap into base to protect floors
- The KnollStudio logo and signature of Marcel Breuer are stamped into the base of the chair