Description from Lumens
Emblematic of European modernism of the 20th century, the Gubi lighting Bestlite BL7 Wall Sconce is an iconic piece originally designed by Robert Dudley Best in 1930. Representing the cross-pollination of British manufacturing expertise and the German Bauhaus school of thought, this wall sconce is the application of the philosophy that fine art and craft can coexist. The simple design is formed from aluminum or brass, smoothly finished and complemented by refined joints that adjust the task light. The sconce is also equipped with a switch on the base for additional functionality.
In 2001, Jacob and Sebastian Gubi took over their parents furniture business, transforming Gubi in to an internationally recognized design house for lighting, furniture and accessories. Based in Copenhagen, Denmark, Gubi is a purveyor of timeless and emerging designs, many of which are iconic and can be found in permanent collections around the world.
- Designed by Robert Dudley Best in 1930
- Material: Powder coated Aluminum (or Brass) shade and base
- Shade is ball-jointed to the arm for adjustable task light
- Bestlite has been in continuous production since 1930
- Design is held in permanent collections at both the Victoria & Albe
- Inspired by the Bauhaus movement
- On/Off Switch
- Switch Included
- Made In Denmark
Finish: Chrome with Black, Chrome with Matte White, Chrome with Off-White, Brass with Charcoal Black, Brass, Brass with Bone China, Brass with Grey, Brass with Matte White
- One 13 Watt (900 Lumens) 120 Volt E12 Candelabra Base Fluorescent Lamp(s) (Not Included)