Description from The Home Depot
The beauty and warmth of natural hardwood shines through on these PureBond Red Oak Plywood panels from Columbia Forest Products. Assembled using a soy-based PureBond technology, these 3/4 in. x 4 ft. x 8 ft. sheets feature American-grown timber throughout with decorative red oak face and back veneers that produce stellar results on DIY woodworking projects. Using a proper saw blade, these sheets can be custom-cut to suit an assortment of carpentry applications, including construction of furniture, shelves, bookcases, built-in cabinets, media centers, headboards and more. This formaldehyde-free plywood is a cost-competitive alternative to potentially health-hazardous UF boards that may release air-degrading fumes over time. It’s as exquisite and robust as solid hardwood but without the expense and heft.
- Hardwood plywood is assembled with smooth, patch-free red oak face and back veneers
- PureBond hardwood plywood is an environmentally friendly, cost-competitive alternative to panels manufactured with urea formaldehyde (UF), which may degrade air quality over time
- Contains 100% natural wood bonded with a food-grade soy-based adhesive that does not emit toxic air contaminants
- The decorative top and bottom veneers, measuring approximately 1/42″ thick, exhibit the beauty and timeless quality of natural hardwood and are suitable for painting or staining
- Water-resistant composition has a higher moisture tolerance than UF panels and is less likely to warp than solid wood
- Allow panel to acclimate to interior climate conditions for several days before customizing – for interior applications only
- For best cutting results, use an 80-tooth (or greater) table saw blade intended for sheet goods or a carbide-tipped circular saw plywood blade
- Common: 3/4 in. x 4 ft. x 8 ft.; Actual: 0.703 in. x 48 in. x 96 in.