VKG Terrace Chaise Lounge
The Terrace Collection (1939) is the work of Hendrik Van Keppel and Taylor Green (VKG), a design team who “set the standard for stylish patios and poolside cabanas,” wrote the Los Angeles County Museum of Art. Their designs represent the essence of Southern California living and were used in the majority of the Case Study houses, specifically Case Study 22, which was furnished entirely by VKG. DWR collaborated with manufacturer Brown Jordan, the license-holder for VKG products, to bring this collection back into production. This fully licensed product is manufactured according to the original specifications of the designers.
- VKG is often seen in Julius Shulman’s iconic photographs, including Case Study 22 and the Kaufmann House.
- Made with 1920 feet of rope.
- Included in the permanent collections at MoMA and LACMA.
- Case Study #22 Chaise Lounge
- Overall Dimensions: 16″H x 36″W x 69″D
- Height from floor to top of foot rest: 12″
- Height from floor to top of middle of the back: 8″
- Height from floor to top of head rest: 16″
- 60 lbs packed