Saarinen Dining Table Round
In a 1956 Time magazine cover story, Eero Saarinen said that â€œthe underside of typical tables and chairs makes a confusing, unrestful world,â€ and that he was designing a new collection to â€œclear up the slum of legs in the U.S. home.â€ Later that year, he completed his Pedestal Table (1956), whose form was inspired by a drop of high-viscosity liquid. This iconic table features a cast-aluminum base with abrasion-resistant Rilsan finish and a solid marble, wood veneer or laminate tabletop. Each is stamped with the KnollStudio logo and Eero Saarinenâ€™s signature. This is the authentic Saarinen Pedestal Table by Knoll. Base made in China; tabletop made in Italy or U.S.A., depending on material.
- Stone masters carefully select marble with the best composition and veining to create tops for marble Saarinen Pedestal Tables. Please rest assured that each oneâ€™s unique markings are not imperfections but rather the very traits that make it a true one of a kind.
- Coated marble tops have a glossy polyester coating, and satin-coated marble tops have a matte satin polyester coating; both types help protect against stains.
- Materials : Cast-aluminum base with RilsanÂ® finish; solid marble, wood veneer or laminate tabletop with beveled edge.
- Solid marble: Arabescato (white with heavy grey veining), Calacatta, Nero Marquina, Verde Alpi (green with black and white veining) or Extra-White (pure white with very faint traces of grey).
- Wood veneer: MDF with cathedral-grain oak, walnut, cherry, ebonized walnut or Pau Ferro rosewood veneer.
- Laminate: MDF with laminate.
- Measurements : H 28.25″ Diameter 35″, 42″, 47″, 54″ or 60″