Description from Whole Latte Love
You asked for it and we listened. Weve teamed up with Mazzer to bring you the new Mazzer Mini P. Mazzers sole business is designing and manufacturing grinders, so theyre able to impart expertise, high standards, and the ultimate in superb quality. Maintaining the overall superiority of the Mazzer brand, the Mini P has been designed with unique polished aluminum housing. Mazzer manufactures their own burrs out of tempered ball bearing steel instead of the softer, less durable case hardened steel found in all other grinders. These burrs are perfectly parallel with a minimal .03mm tolerance more accurate than any of the competition for a perfect grind. Mazzer also fashions their doser groups from solid stainless steel and aluminum. The result of these features is a line of grinders that benefit from distinct and durable grinding precision.
But Mazzer is also intent on evolving and tweaking their products to make them even better, and out of this pursuit arose the Mazzer Mini P. Only 16.5 inches tall, the Mazzer P is the ideal size to fit under most kitchen cabinets while still holding up to 1lb. of beans in its stout hopper. Mazzer even constructed this model with a die cast polished aluminum housing rather than settling for chrome-plated steel. And not only does this make the Mazzer P look great by itself, it also creates a picture perfect match with polished stainless steel espresso machines like the Expobar Brewtus. Providing the peace of mind you can only get from Mazzer, this powerhouse polished aluminum grinder is small, sturdy, and stylish enough to fit into any home espresso bar.
- Large Capacity Short Hopper : The Mini Ps hopper is only 4 inches tall when in place on the grinder, but still manages to hold up to 1lb. of whole coffee beans at a time.
- Heavy Duty Construction : The frame and body is made of one piece of heavy die cast aluminum. This ensures long lasting durability for the finish and cuts down on what little noise the motor does make.
- Infinite Grind Settings : The Mazzer Mini P can grind form super fine to very coarse. With the infinite grind setting adjustments you can adjust the grind as little or as much as you want with ease.
- Heavy Duty Motor : The Mini P was designed to handle a commercial load but due to its fine craftsmanship it has found its way into the home. The motor draws 250 watts and is a direct drive style that operates at 1600 RPM. It is so quiet that when operating without beans you can barely hear the motor. As a safety feature the Mazzer Mini P has an overload switch that turns the machine off to prevent any damage due to foreign objects getting stuck in the burrs.
- Top Quality Grinding Burrs : The grinding burrs on the Mazzer Mini P are made of a special Swedish hardened steel measuring 58mm in diameter. These burrs are of the highest quality available. Due to their hefty size they can grind large quantities of coffee quicker while imparting very little heat to the freshly ground coffee.
- Easy to Use Controls : The Mazzer Mini P comes with a timer. The timer is a knob on the side that you turn to set it to run for up to a maximum of one minute.
- Dosing Grinder w/Tamper : The Mazzer Mini P is designed to dispense the ground coffee directly into any brand of espresso machine portafilter. The amount of coffee that it will dispense is adjustable from 5.5 grams to 9 grams with each pull of the dispensing handle. The handle is coated with a soft rubber and is built for the long haul. You wont have to worry about any part of this grinder wearing out. An optional built in tamper comes with every Mazzer Mini P that you can install on the front of the grinder if you wish.
- Easy Access for Cleaning : To access the burrs for cleaning you wont need any tools and only takes a minute. Just turn the adjustment lever clockwise until the whole adjustment lever and attached brass burr hold comes off. You can then see the grinding burrs for cleaning or inspecting.