Mark Albrecht was trained as a sculptor and pursued his studies at the École Nationale Supérieure des Beaux-arts, Paris and he uses as few elements as possible to make pieces that are timeless, functional, and resilient. The Side Chair is an essential part of the Woven collection, composed of clean lines and a comfortable seat. Leather, the natural complement to the signature metal framework of his pieces, offers both structural durability, as well as an element of warmth and softness where the pieces come into contact with the body. The reductive form and strength of material give an elegant appearance to this versatile chair.
Each piece of Albrecht’s collection is handmade at his Long Island City studio from the finest quality steel and vegetable tanned leather. Mark Albrecht’s stools and chairs have been featured in the finest homes throughout the world and included in Architectural Digest, Elle Décor, Metropolitan Home and other publications. Stools and chairs can also be seen in several of Tom Colicchio’s Craft restaurants, W Hotels and The Andaz Hotel in Los Angeles.
- Frame in solid black steel, seat and back in wide woven straps of dark brown vegetable tanned leather. (Please referance the picture w/ black straps.)
- Wide straps are loosely woven.
- 19.0"w 20.5"d 31.75"h 18.0" seat height
- Made in the USA by Mark Albrecht
- Warranty: 5 years
- No assembly required
- Frame also available in polished or brushed stainless steel. Leather straps available in black, red, tan, brown taupe, natural, burgundy,chestnut and gray. An arm chair and stacking chair are also available.