Wild Lupine blooms profusely in spikes that make it a popular choice for dry to sandy soils. This legume is essential to the life cycle of the Karner Blue butterfly, a federally-endangered species native to the Great Lakes region.
Genus Lupinus is a legume. Prairie Moon provides species-specific inoculum with legume seed free of charge. Inoculum will keep refrigerated for approximately 1 year.
Seeds / Packet: 40
Seeds / Ounce: 1,100
Dormant bare root plants ship each year during optimal transplanting seasons: Spring (April – May) and Fall (October).
- Catalog Number LUP02F
- Click Map to Enlarge
- Scientific Name Lupinus perennis
- Common Name Wild Lupine
- Germination Code C(3), H, I
- Seeds / Packet 40
- Seeds / Ounce 1,100
- Wetland Code UPL
- Sun Exposure Prairie , Savanna
- Soil Moisture Dry Mesic , Dry
- Height 2 feet
- Bloom Color Purple
- Bloom Time May , June , July
- Plant Type Forbs (Wildflowers)
- Availability Seeds , Bare Root Plants
Prices mentioned is per packet of seeds.