- Automatic ON/Automatic OFF provides 180-Degree field of view and 900 square feet of coverage
- 600W Incandescent/Halogen, 150W LED/CFL, 600VA Fluorescent, 1/6HP Motor loads. No Neutral wire required for installation but ground wire is required
- Ambient light sensitivity prevents lights from automatically turning ON when there is ample natural sunlight
- Comes packaged with 3 changeable color faces; white, ivory, and light almond
- Five-year limited warranty
Leviton Universal Occupancy Sensor
Leviton IPS05-1LZ 600-Watt Incandescent, 150-Watt LED/CFL Occupancy Sensor (Auto ON/Auto OFF), Single Pole
Lower electrical costs and add convenience to everyday living by replacing standard switches with occupancy sensors. Leviton’s IPS05 Occupancy Sensor Switch automatically turns the lights ON when you enter a room and OFF when you leave, convenient in rooms where you frequently enter and exit with your hands full. Ideal for use in laundry rooms, basements, storage areas, pantries and garages. In addition to the convenience of hands-free switching, this sensor ensures that the lights are not left ON unnecessarily for hours at a time. It uses “passive infrared technology” which responds to the infrared heat people naturally emit to monitor a specific area. When this “heat” is sensed, the lights will stay ON in the room. When you leave the room and this â€œheatâ€ is no longer sensed the lights will automatically turn OFF. Leviton occupancy sensors can also detect when there is ample natural light in a space and will not automatically switch lights ON if not needed. Features time delay settings of 30 seconds, 5 minutes, 15 minutes or 30 minutes for automatic OFF. For example, closet lighting would ideally be set to turn off in 5 minutes while a bathroom fan may be set to turn off 15 minutes after the space is vacated. Additionally, with a built-in override function, the device can be activated to operate as a vacancy sensor meaning lights must be manually switched ON but will automatically turn OFF when the room is vacated. Leviton occupancy sensors are a simple, cost effective way to automate a space in your home. Compatible with Decora screwless snap-on wallplates (sold separately).