A continuing desire to add value along with design resulted in Modern Fan Company's distinctive Lapa fan. The Lapa's optional light is housed in mouth-blown glass and can be specified to use either a compact fluorescent or incandescent lamp. With the fluorescent option the fan qualifies for the EPA's Energy Star labeling as a highly efficient, energy conserving design. Note: Any control ordered with a fan that has been configured with an energy-saving CFL will be supplied in a non-dimming version.
The fan can accommodate a sloped ceiling up to 33°. For slopes over 33° but under 45°, use the sloped ceiling adapter (sold separately). Includes 5" and 13" downrods for 16" or 24" overall height. Optional downrods available for alternate heights. An optional hugger adapter for low-ceiling applications is also available, reducing overall height to only 12".
- Airflow measured in cubic feet per minute at high speed (CFM) = 5193.33
- Watts at high speed = 53.1
- Airflow efficiency at high speed (CFM/Watts) = 97.8
- Click here for Modern Fan Company frequently asked questions (FAQs).
- Fan body: 7" Dia X 9" H
- Ceiling canopy: 5.25" Dia
- Includes 5" and 13" downrods for 16" or 24" overall height. To calculate overall height when using optional downrods, add 11" to the downrod length.
- Optional light kit adds 3" to overall height.
- Hugger adapter reduces overall height to 12".
- steel, mouth-blown glass
- Lamp Type
- COMPACT FLUORESCENT, INCANDESCENT, FLUORESCENT, CFL
- 550: 1 X 75W G9 halogen lamp (not included)
- 551: 1 X 26W GU24 compact fluorescent lamp (included)
Modern Fan represents a new age in ceiling fans — the marrying of efficient function with contemporary design. Designed by Ron Rezek, the Modern Fan Company's models celebrate the modern idiom through mechanical simplification, geometric forms and contemporary finishes. The unique ceiling fan styles of Modern Fan represent a new age in ceiling fans — the marrying of efficient function with contemporary design (you won't find any wicker or flowery fans here!).