La Chamba Hot Chocolate Mug
The beautiful, black sheen is distinctive of La Chamba pottery which is hand crafted in the Andean mountains of South America. Using a traditional process, La Chamba dates back to pre-Colombian times where the same methods have been used for more than 300 years.
Locally mined clays are kneaded and formed using simple moulds. After drying, each piece is painted with red clay and burnished using semi-precious stones – producing its unusual finish. The ceramic is then fired in large kilns and a course organic mixture is added to each piece immediately after firing, burning off rapidly and reacting to elements in the glaze to create its unique black hue.
Great for Cooking:
- Safe to use in the oven or microwave, on the stove (gas & electric), under the grill and over direct flame
- Beautiful to use direct from cooktop to table
- Natural clay; free of glazes and toxins such as lead
- 100% safe cooking
- Provides excellent heat retention, enhancing food flavours and retaining vitamins and minerals
- Organic, sustainable product
- Dimensions: L7 x H9
- Material: Clay Pottery