Made of laser-welded stainless steel, the KONE is a great permanent filter for your Chemex.
Our friends at Able Brewing here in Portland invented this excellent filter as a permanent filter for Chemex brewing. Made of laser-welded stainless steel, the KONE allows oils and sediment to pass through, like a French Press, while still allowing the same control and feel of a traditional pour over.
Paper filters can stick to the sides of your Chemex or dripper, restricting the flow of water to the bottom of the filter and causing an uneven extraction. The KONE's unique design and photochemically etched holes allow the water to flow freely through the entire filter, not of just the end.
The KONE fits in both the 6 and 8 Cup Chemex, as well as the Hario V60 dripper, but works best with the 8 Cup Chemex.
- Food safe plastic structure support ring
- Flat cone tip for safety
- Made in the U.S. from U.S. sourced stainless steel.
- Dishwasher safe
- Diameter: 5"
- Length: 5.75"
- New hole pattern makes it easier to control extraction and produces fewer fines.
- Thinner and more durable stainless steel
- Product: KONE Coffee Filters
- Retailer: Clive Coffee