When Charles and Ray Eames designed the Eames Aluminum Management Chair and Side Chair (1958), they created a revolution in seating that has lost none of its edge. These chairs were originally developed as a special project for a private residence being designed by Eero Saarinen and Alexander Girard. Moving away from the Eameses’ shell forms of the 1940s, the designers combined a newly affordable aluminum frame with a sling seat that subtly conforms to the body's shape. This original is an authentic, fully licensed product of Herman Miller®, Inc. Eames is a licensed trademark of Herman Miller.
- Has a lightweight, corrosion-resistant and die-cast aluminum frame for years of use.
- Wide seat for leisurely, ergonomic sitting.
- Set on a five-point base, the seat of this chair swivels for easy entry and exit.
- Available in numerous upholsteries, including Spinneybeck® Vicenza leather – a high-quality, Greenguard-certified leather with a breathable finish that protects against UV rays and spills.
- Made in U.S.A.
Materials: Five-star polished die-cast aluminum base and frame with tubular steel column.
- Spinneybeck Vicenza leather: corrected-grain, semi-aniline leather.
- Maharam Messenger fabric: 78% post-industrial recycled polyester, 15% polyester, 7% nylon.