Here's a roundup of what's piquing our interest this week:
Above: Alexa is in a desperate search for the last crop of currants to make a white currant tart like photographer Nicole Franzen did.
• Checking out Gwyneth Paltrow and Chris Martin's new house in Brentwood, Los Angeles.
• Heidi Swanson's secret weapon?
• Izabella, who is in the middle of a remodel in Chicago, is dealing with the countertop dilemma. She's indecisive but leaning toward carrara marble and consulting our own 10 Easy Pieces: Remodelista Kitchen Countertop Picks.
Above: A DIY design idea spotted on Bramble Workshop.
• A Joseph Esherick beach house in Stinson Beach; stay tuned for our upcoming issue on West Marin, California.
• Alexa has been reading Synonym, a new journal out of Austin, Texas.
Above: After rediscovering her passion for crochet in Justine's post last week, Christine crocheted herself through a Remodelista editorial meeting. A few more meetings and she might be ready to tackle these miniature planters from Steel & Stitch.
• Sarah watching this movie.
Meanwhile over at Gardenista:
Above: Dahlias, dahlias, dahlias. And dahlias. Coming Monday: Michelle's obsession with Dahlia Dell at Golden Gate Park.
• Checking out Toast's classic outdoor Storm Lantern in new Autumnal colors: rust and tobacco.
• Poring over the early results from the Gardenista Reader Survey—did you fill out yours yet? Readers are asking for Flora by growing zone, more Garden Visits, tips on tools, and ….did you fill out yours yet? (Still time: deadline Monday).