Above: We're contemplating Alabama Chanin's one-day retreats across the country.
• Sarah thoroughly recommends the film Jiro Dreams of Sushi.
Above: Taking a look into Yusuke Seki's Kyoto store dedicated to the revival of Kimono culture in modern life.
• We're inspired to reorganize the kitchen thanks to these 24 ideas, like idea No. 4 about storing items according to use.
Above: Julie has her eye on this (giant) basket from A Detacher.
• Alexa has been completely obsessed with the latest Rochas collection shown in Paris this week; in particular the hair inspired by Nicoletta Santoro of Vogue China.
Above: An image from the Kickstarter-funded upcoming book by Leslie Williamson, Handcrafted Modern Europe.
• Sarah's heading to Heath SF this Thursday evening to get a sneak preview of Williamson's book on the mid-twentieth century's most notable architects and designers in Europe. Check out her previous book, Handcrafted Modern.
Above: One of our favorite subjects: sliding door hardware.
• Curious about Brownstoner's latest feature, The Upstater, showcasing real estate listings within three hours north, east, or west of NYC.
• Admiring this transformation of an old van by Welsh couple Bill and Becky Goddard of Rustic Campers.
N.B.: See our past weekly obsessions in the Design News section of our archive.