With spring cleaning behind us (well, almost), we're turning our attention to sprucing up our interiors. Christine has been weaning herself off her all white interiors (check out her new Color Wheel), Izabella has been creating her own Scandi Whitewshed Floors, and Julie is in the throes of replacing her kitchen counter tops (which one of these will she choose?). We decided to devote next week to renovation and reclamation, so stay tuned for a barrage of ideas, and, in the meantime, here's a few things that caught our attention this past week.
- Sarah's finally thinking summer holidays and checking out design-worthy European rental homes at Urlaubsarchitektur (including the Bavarian Home) while simultaneously perusing budget options at Roomorama.
- On the list of things we always need: kitchen storage. Here are 10 ideas worth considering from Cultivate.
- With trips to New York, Los Angeles, Chicago (and Paris planned), we feel like we've been living out of our suitcases lately. The only downside? Airport food. Here are 7 sandwiches that travel well from the Yumsugar folks.
- Inspired by our recent trip to SHED with its fermentation bar, Stacey is making her own shrub (think drink concoction made from fruit, sugar, and vinegar). Check out the recipe for calamansi shrub syrup from Burntlumpia.
Above: Neutra's Kaufmann House in Palm Springs. Photograph by Jackie Craven.
- Finally, good news for Neutra fans. Not all of his buildings can be saved, but now you can build one of his homes with these residential plans.
- Spotted and admired, the corrugated iron clad walls of the Bowery Coffee in New York.