As we head into August, we approach the last stretch of summer. That is why, in part, we got most of the outdoor entertaining ideas out of our systems this past week.
This weekend, we’ll be stopping by the “Make Room: Modern Design Meets Craft” showcase at the American Craft Council Show (Remodelista is one of the sponsors). Other than that, this is what’s on our collective radar:
- In anticipation of next week’s “In the Art Studio” theme, we’re inspired by these 10 famous artists’ studios. Shown above is Georgia O’Keefe’s studio.
- We like this idea cooked up by Heath Ceramics in Los Angeles as a benefit for the Skid Row Housing Trust. Bring in your old dinnerware and exchange it for 25 percent off a corresponding piece from Heath.
- Sarah’s checking out the Soba Making Workshop from Common Grains at SHED in Healdsburg later this month.
- A Hollywood couple just put their Southern California ranch on the market. Curious about their next venture?
- An uplifting story about Country Living’s House of the Year (a bungalow wrecked by Hurricane Sandy gets a new lease on life).
- Alexa is inspired by a discovery made by designer Michelle Lane of BREADstudio: the work of Marina Dragomirova at Sofia Design Week in Bulgaria.
- Big Daddy’s, our go-to source for antiques, just opened a store in Aspen, called Georgia Brown (named after owner Shane’s youngest daughter). We’ll be checking it out on our next road trip West.
- Christine is taking advantage of all the summer produce; here’s this week’s favorite recipe: Grilled Halloumi & Quinoa Salad.