In celebration of July 4th, we'll be featuring homegrown talent (and companies) in our upcoming Made in America issue. In the meantime, here's what's on our radar.
- Stacey's clued us in to the launch this weekend of a line of goods from Target's collaboration with Lauren Bush on her FEED USA project, which helps to fight hunger in America. Featuring suitably patriotic colors you can check out the goods at Target including the melamine plates shown above.
- Entertaining on the 4th of July? Here's an easy (and delicious) summer salad to try out (with plenty of antioxidants).
- Looking for somewhere to stay this summer? Check out the list of Grand Resort Hotels via Hotels Week on Curbed. There's something very Old World about staying at one of America's classic resort hotels.
- Christine might be on the other side of the pond but she's celebrating the fourth with Strawberry Vanilla Ice Pops (while watching Wimbledon).
- The ultimate labor of love? A vacation home in Washington built collaboratively by six designers—all members of the same family.
- Has summer vacation got your kids climbing the walls? Why not try Leandro Erlich's installation in Dalston, London; athletic prowess not required.
- Sour cherry preserves with mint and honey anyone? Just one of the recipes Sarah is looking forward to trying out from Kevin West's new book: Saving the Season: A Cook's Guide to Home Canning, Pickling, and Preserving.
- Alexa is bringing her books out of the darkness (musty cupboards) and into the light (open shelves), but not all have covers that she's looking to display. Her next DIY? Wax paper covered books.