Here's a roundup of what's piquing our interest this week:
Above: Coming to our Holiday Market in SF next Saturday, December 8th? Be sure to RSVP to our Facebook event page. Need an incentive? We're giving away a Remodelista Holiday Gift Box (shown here) to one randomly selected winner from the list of attendees. Look for the announcement on the Facebook event page by 6pm on Friday and pick up the box in person the next day. Can't join us in SF? Stay tuned as we will be giving away another Holiday Gift Box online in the next couple of weeks.
• Stacey is rereading The House on First Street, Julia Reed's account of purchasing and renovating a 19th century Greek Revival in the New Orleans Garden District—just one year prior to Hurricane Katrina's devastating hit.
Above: Sarah's stocking up on a few of these remnants from Fog Linen to use for wrapping gifts.
• After our week posting on architecture and artists from the Hudson Valley, we're checking out at The Upstater's guest post on Brownstoner.
Above: Justine spent her Thanksgiving holiday in Coast Guard Beach in Eastham.
• We've been admiring white and silver decor for a wintry look this December.
Above: Alexa is dying to try Byredo's newest Black Saffron eau (a very possible Christmas list candidate).
• Checking out these vintage holiday magazine covers dating back to the 1920s.
Above: Christine is admiring the pale blue walls in this art exhibition which took place in Caserma XXIV Maggio, a former military bakery Milan and example of industrial architecture from the late 19th century.
• Sarah just pinned this bag.
Above: We want to hear from you: what's your all-time favorite gardening store?