Here's a roundup of what's piquing our interest this week:
• The countdown begins; a DIY advent calendar from A Merry Mishap.
• Christine is looking here for gift inspiration for the eco warriors in her life.
• We approve: celebrities who garden.
Above: A row of vintage chopping blocks as decor at Restaurant Höst; why didn't we think of this first?
• A prefab, flood-resistant home in Austria from Studio Wolfgang Tschapeller.
• Inspired by this trio of garage makeovers.
• We can't help it: we're scrutinizing Madonna's $23.5 million NYC listing on the Upper West Side.
Above: Christine was there: annual Thanksgiving service at St. Paul's Cathedral in London.
• Sarah's been perusing Wilder Quarterly's Fall Issue.
Above: Kendra's been catching up with News from Nowhere and admiring the Colt's Foot in the Hedgerows.