Last week, Gardenista editor Michelle Slatalla returned from a week in Barcelona. We plied her for information and, inspired by her finds, are devoting next week to the Mediterranean’s largest city. In the meantime here’s what’s piquing our interest.
- Read how this Pacific Northwest couple made this DIY Cabin for 57K.
- A reader clued us in to Built on Narrow Land, Bauhaus Summers on Outer Cape Cod. A film by Malachi Connolly (that’s Francesca’s brother) that looks at the building of European Modern Architecture built on what is now the Cape Cod National Seashore.
- Public apology to Zahid Sardar from Sarah for not picking up his book sooner. It’s good. Read Dwell’s interview with the author discussing West Coast Modern.
- Izabella is “super excited” at the arrival of Provisions, Food52’s new online store, in particular these Hand Dipped Beech Wood Bowls. If you want a behind-the-scenes look at the dynamic duo behind the site, see our interview with Amanda and Merrill.
- Sour Cherry Rickey anyone?
- Alexa recently came across blogger Jana Zumbaum, who lives in a tiny flat in Barcelona, Spain; see more inspiring images of her everyday life on her blog, Jana.
- Stacey clued us in to the launch of H&M’s online Home Decor Shop via PopSugar Home.
- We just got word that our friend Erica Tanov–whose work has always been about slow design–has just opened shop at ABC Carpet & Home in New York.
- Concerned with throwaway fashion? Fashionista features 10 Slow Fashion Brands.